It will break your heart.
Trauma Informed Practices
ONLINE RESOURCES FOR CAREGIVERS/PARENTS
www.atcaa.org To help individuals in Amador and Tuolumne counties toward self-sufficiency. “People Helping People”
Center for a Non Violent Community – Education, resources, and counseling for survivors of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
Ices agency.org Infant/Child Enrichment Services, Inc. was created to provide a variety of child care and parenting support services to families in Tuolumne and Mariposa counties.
Early-childhood-services Head Start Pre School information
Mentoring-Works Mentoring Works matches caring adults in a One-On-One relationship with children ages 7-17 identified as at-risk, to serve as friends, guides, and positive role models.
tuolumnecounty.ca.gov Tuolumne County Youth Centers
http://www.tcsos.us Tuolumne County Superintendent of School Office
5 Steps to help your troubled teens – Parent and Teen resources page
positive_language.pdf Use Positive Language to Improve Your Child’s Behavior
http://www.parenttoolkit.com This toolkit will help you navigate your child’s journey from pre-kindergarten through high school. It is designed to help you track and support progress at each stage.
sleepfoundation.org Sleep problems/disorders are prevalent in children. Poor sleep can lead to mood swings, behavioral problems and cognitive problems that impact their ability to learn in school.
webmd.com/parenting/guide/sleep-children – How Much Sleep do Children Need?
http://kidshealth.org/parent/ – Website for children’s health and development.
- ADHD and You – ADHD information and help for home, school, etc.
- ADD.org – Support for a like minded community
- www.aacap.org – contains consumer-friendly definitions, answers to FAQs, resources, expert videos, and publications about ADHD.
- http://chadd.org – A nonprofit organization that serves individuals with ADHD and their families. CHADD has over 200 local chapters throughout the United States that offer support for individuals, parents, teachers, and professionals.
- www.aacap.org/Autism_Resource_Center – contains consumer-friendly definitions, answers to FAQs, resources, expert videos, and publications about Autism.
- http://autism.asu.edu Arizona State University – Autism / Aspergers Research Program
- https://www.autismspeaks.org Autism Speaks is a leading autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
- http://www.aspergersyndrome.org A resource for families, individuals, and medical professionals who deal with the challenges of Asperger Syndrome, Autism, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder/ Not Otherwise Specified (PDD/NOS).
www.aacap.org – contains consumer-friendly definitions, answers to FAQs, resources, expert videos, and publications about anxiety.
http://www.adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/children – Anxiety and Depression Association of America
www.aacap.org/AACAP/Depression_Resource_Center – contains consumer-friendly definitions, answers to FAQs, resources, expert videos, and publications about depression.
Black dog video – Four-minute video describing depression symptoms and treatments.
www.aacap.org/Bipolar_Disorder_Resource_Center – contains consumer-friendly definitions, answers to FAQs, resources, expert videos, and publications about
Jar of Water Demonstation – One-minute explanation about mindfulness.
3 Minute Breathing– Three-minute Breathing Exercise for relaxation.
Waterfall – Three-minute waterfall relaxation video.
Three-minute mindfulness meditation – guided relaxation video
Guided meditation for parents and children – Mediation for parents and child to do together.
Social Dynamics and Bullying Prevention
That’s not cool – Child and parent friendly site about stopping bullying
Bars and Melody song about Bullying – Britain’s Got Talent Anti-Bullying song
Stop Bullying – Federal government site about stopping bullying
The Choice – be a buddy not a bully video – YouTube video about how Bullying affects students
To This Day poem – You tube video poem about bullying
o Sexting and Social Media
Common Sense Media – Good media resource for parents. Tips on social media usage, app/game/movie/etc. reviews, blog, videos…
o tuolumne.networkofcare.org Local Substance abuse information and resources.
o http://www.samhsa.gov Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
o http://www.drugabuse.gov National Institute on Drug Abuse
o http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/youth/index.htm Youth Tobacco Prevention